Nipun Bharat 2023 : Implementation Process |NIPUN Bharat| new guidelines pd
Nipun Bharat Yojana | Skilled India Implementation Process | Nipun Bharat Yojana New Guidelines PDF | NIPUN Bharat Yojana In Hindi
As you all know the new education policy was started in the year 2020. Various efforts are being made by the government to make it operational. Nipun Bharat Yojana has been launched for the successful implementation of the new education policy . Through this scheme the knowledge of basic literacy and numeracy will be passed on to the students . Through this article we will provide you all the important information related to Nipun Bharat Yojana. By reading this article, you will be able to get information related to the introduction, implementation process, objectives, features etc. of this scheme. So dear readers, if you want to get all the important information related to NIPUN Bharat and want to take advantage of this scheme, then you have to read our article carefully.
NIPUN Bharat Yojana 2022
Nipun Bharat Yojana has been launched by the Ministry of Education on 5th July 2021. The full name of this scheme is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy. An enabling environment will be created through this scheme. Through which basic literacy and knowledge of numeracy can be imparted to the students. Through the Nipun Yojana, every child will be given the ability to learn reading, writing and arithmetic by the end of third grade by 2026-27. The scheme will be implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy.
This NIPUN Bharat school education program will be a part of Samagra Shiksha. For the implementation of this scheme, 5 women system will be established in all the states and union territories. This 5-tier system will be operated at National-State-District-Block-School level. This scheme has been launched for the successful implementation of National Education Policy 2020.
What is basic literacy and numeracy?
Basic literacy and numeracy are the skills and strategies through which students are able to read, write, speak and interpret. Basic literacy forms the basis for obtaining education in the future . All children who succeed in acquiring basic literacy and numeracy skills by class three find it easier to read the curriculum for subsequent classes. Keeping this in mind, the Nipun Bharat scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Education. Basic literacy and numeracy will be developed under the third grade students through NIPUN Bharat . So that in the coming time, they do not have to face any obstacle in getting education. Apart from this, the following areas will also be taken care of under the Nipun Yojana.
- school education
- teacher capacity building
- Development of high quality and diverse student and teacher resources/learning materials
- Monitoring the progress of children towards education etc.
|scheme name||skillful india|
|type of plan||central government scheme|
|start date||5 July 2021|
|Nipun Bharat Guidelines||click this|
Basic Literacy and Types of Numeracy
Basic Language and Literacy
- oral language development
- phonetic awareness
- reading comprehension
- reading flow
- concept of print
- culture of reading
Basic Numeracy and Math Skills
- Prior Number Concepts
- Number and Operation on Number
- mathematical techniques
- size and local society
Objective of Nipun Bharat Yojana
The main objective of Nipun Bharat Yojana is to develop basic literacy and numerical knowledge among students. Through this scheme, by the year 2026-27, by the end of third grade, the student will get the ability to learn reading, writing and arithmetic. This scheme will prove to be very effective for the development of the children. Through Nipun Bharat Yojana, now children will be able to acquire basic literacy and numeracy knowledge in time. So that their mental and physical development will take place. NIPUN Bharat will be administered by the Department of Education and Literacy. This scheme will be a part of the school education program Samagra Shiksha. This scheme has been started under the new education policy. Through Nipun Bharat Yojana, children will also be able to understand the logic of the field of numbers, measures and sizes.
Implementation of skilled India
To achieve the target of Nipun Bharat Yojana by 2026-27, different targets will be set at the state level. The progress of all these targets will be monitored by the Nodal Department. Apart from this , financial and technical assistance will also be provided to the state under Samagra Shiksha for the implementation of this scheme. Plans will be made by the states and union territories to achieve their goals. So that the target of basic literacy and numeracy can be achieved by 2026-27. The activities of the scheme will be monitored through IT based resources at the national level, state level and district level. This will also include monitoring of children at the field level. Further, the monitoring framework proposed under this scheme is divided into two types. Which is annual surveillance survey and concurrent monitoring.https://pmmodiyojana.in/wp-content/plugins/wp-fastest-cache-premium/pro/templates/youtube.html#F4Ty9zYvtX8
Pedagogical approach to improve students’ basic literacy and numeracy
Focus on student learning:-
There are many students in our country who are first generation learners. It is difficult for all such students to get education . Because they are not able to get education environment at home. That is why teachers need to pay extra attention to the students. While imparting education by the teacher, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points.
- Showing respect and reasonable expectations from boys and girls.
- To select books, pictures, posters, toys etc. free from gender discrimination.
- Teachers should not attempt to make gender biased statements while talking in the classroom.
- Selecting stories and poems in which girls and boys are presented in common roles.
- Encouraging the learners to follow their own interest.
School plays a very important role in ensuring quality and equity of education. To send the student to the school, the student should have minimum skills and knowledge. A 3-month school preparation module has been kept under the National Education Policy. Through which children will be able to get pre-school education and will also be able to prepare themselves for going to school.
Different types of new things are learned by the student through education. So that the physical and mental development of the children takes place. Assessment is done to assess this development. So that the student’s success can be tracked. A variety of techniques are used to make this assessment. So that the interests and preferences of the students can be identified. Apart from this, by assessing the performance of the children, they can be prepared through intervention and it can also be ensured that the children are not facing any difficulties in learning and by identifying such difficulties, those difficulties can be overcome.
Parts of Nipun Bharat Scheme
Nipun Bharat Yojana has been divided into 17 parts by the government. This part is something like this.
- Understanding Basic Language and Literacy
- Basic Numeracy and Math Skills
- Shifting to Competency Based Education
- Education and Learning: Focus on Children’s Potential and Development
- learning assessment
- Teaching-Learning Process: Role of Teacher
- school preparation
- National Mission: Aspects and Approach
- mission strategic plan
- Role of various stakeholders in mission implementation
- Academic Literature through SCERT and DIET
- DIKSHA/NDEAR: Leverage: A repository of digital resources
- parent and community engagement
- Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
- Mission Sustainability
- Need for Research, Evaluation and Documentation
Introduction to Nipun Bharat Scheme
This scheme has been launched by the government for the successful implementation of National Education Policy 2020. Through this scheme, attention will be given to basic literacy and numeracy. So that by the year 2026-27, every child can have the ability to learn reading, writing and arithmetic by the end of third grade. For the implementation of NIPUN Bharat , a 5-tier system will be established in all the States and Union Territories. This 5 women system will be operated at the international-state-district-block-school level. The scheme will be operated by the Ministry of Education. The full name of Nipun Yojana is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy.
National Scenario of Nipun Bharat Scheme
- pay attention to education
- focus on quality of education
- Attention to the magnitude of children’s learning
- Measuring the Achievement of Learning Quantities
National Mission on Basic Literacy and Numeracy
In order to maintain the quality of education and to achieve the goal of basic literacy, it has been decided to set up a National Mission on Basic Literacy and Numeracy under National Education Policy and Antarnirbhar Bharat Campaign. The objective of this mission will be achieved by 2026-27. Through which basic literacy and numeracy knowledge will be imparted to every child by the end of Grade 3. Every effort will be made to achieve this national target at all district level. Children in the age group of 3 years to 9 years will be covered under this mission. This mission will be conducted under Samagra Shiksha.
Understanding of basic language and literacy under Nipun Bharat scheme
It is very important for children to have an understanding of basic language and literacy. Through which he will be able to get better education in future. A survey was conducted by NCERT. Through which it was found that children are not able to read and understand the text even after getting education till the fifth standard. Keeping this in mind, it has been decided to focus on understanding of basic language and literacy under Niparna Bharat Yojana. So that children can understand and get education in the coming time. The quality of education will also improve through this scheme.
Basic Language and Literacy Requirement
- To develop a strong foundation of language, literacy and mathematical skills in the early years for better education in the future.
- Early literacy development has a very important role for the brain development of the students.
- Under the findings of the Mathura Pilot Project, children could read with comprehension after providing them with basic language and literacy.
- 85% of the brain development of children occurs by the age of 6 years, due to which it is very important to provide them with early basic language and literacy.
Primary Language and Literacy
Language is more than just speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through language a person can communicate, make sense of the thought world. It is very important for students to have an understanding of the language at the elementary level. To understand the language it is important to understand the following part.
- reading and writing comprehension
- concept of writing in class
- Developing writing skills through Emergent Writing, Conventional Writing and Writing Composition during the period of elementary education
Basic Components of Language and Literacy
- oral language development
- reading comprehension
- concept of print
- Awareness through Dhavani
- reading effect
- reading culture
Some important steps to enhance language and literacy development
- Creating a Print Prosperity Environment
- read aloud
- Listening, Telling and Writing Stories and Poems
- Songs and Rhymes
- sharing experience
- Drama and Role Play
- picture reading
- share trading
- using classroom walls
- experience writing
- mid day meal
basic numeracy and math skills
Basic numeracy and math skills mean the ability to reason and apply the concept of numeracy to solve problems in daily life. Number sense and local understanding develop in students when they acquire the following skills.
- understanding of quantities
- develop an understanding of more or less and smaller or larger
- Ability to establish relationships between a single object and a group of objects
- Using copies representing quantities
- comparing numbers etc.
elementary math skills required
- To develop logical thinking and reasoning in daily life
- Use of numbers and spatial understanding in daily life
- Significance of Mathematical Foundations during the Early Years
- Contribution of basic numeracy in employment and at household level
Major Components of Elementary Mathematics
- free number concepts
- Number and Operation on Number
- size and spatial understanding
- data storage
- mathematical communication
Educational process to enhance fundamental mathematical skills
- understanding children’s mistakes
- enjoy math
- to communicate mathematically
- linking mathematics with other subjects
- linking maths with daily life etc.
Shifting to Competency Based Education
Statements that describe knowledge, skills and attitudes are called competency based learning. Competency based transfer allows the student to know at the end of a particular assignment, class, course or program how they will benefit from the skills they have acquired. Through a combination of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values those competencies can be created which proves useful in developing the students. Through competency based education, those basic competencies can be achieved which can be measured through the degree of learning.
Features of Competency Based Education
- Children will get unique experiences through competency based education.
- Explicit and measurable amounts of learning can be achieved through competency based learning.
- In competency based education, it is through formative assessment to find out where the student is facing difficulties in getting education.
- Critical thinking and problem solving approach can also be developed through competency based education.
Education and Learning: Focus on Children’s Potential and Development
Children have a saved curiosity and curiosity to know about the environment around them. That is why it is very important that they are provided with rich experience through well-planned activities at the age of 3 to 9 years. Those who develop communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving and society about themselves. Educational practices should be developed with children in mind. This should include activities that include aspects such as numeracy, social sense, language and literacy, psychomotor and creativity development.
Major aspects and components of education and learning process
- learning environment
- planning in advance
- Methods of adoption of age- and developmentally appropriate educational practices
- Suggested educational process for the achievement of families of learning
- pedagogical practice
- planning activities
- Enabling environment provided by teachers
- various learning facilities
Teaching learning material (in local context)
A variety of toys, games and other educational play materials can be used by the teacher to develop the learning capacity of the children. All these toys will be kept in accessible open shelves. So that children can easily learn through these toys. Each classroom should have a mini library. The toys and educational games will be developed by the teacher according to the developmental concepts and the teachers will plan their monthly, weekly and daily reading using indigenous toys and materials.
Linkage of FLY-1 and FLY-6
- Basic literacy and numeracy activities will be linked to the degree of learning.
- Basic learning resources will be followed at each level.
- Teachers will be made skilled in using assessment techniques.
- Education will be improved using a variety of technologies.
Through assessment, information is collected from all possible sources related to children. Such as children’s knowledge skills, attitudes, abilities and beliefs. This information is used to enhance the learning ability of the children. Through assessment, teachers also get help in understanding the nature of children. Teachers get to know how they can expand the learning capacity of children. Apart from this, it can also be found out in which subjects the children are good and information related to their skills can also be obtained through learning assessment.
Assessment during the Foundational Years
- school based assessment
- Large Scale Achievement Survey
school based assessment
In School Based Assessment , the assessment tasks are prepared by the teacher himself. The examination conducted at the state and national level cannot be taken in place of school based assessment. School based assessments are conducted every year and several times in a year. By which the decision is made to send the students to the next class. If a student is not able to get the passing marks in the class then he is not sent to the next class. The decision has been taken by the government to make school based assessment stress-free. A variety of techniques will be used to conduct school based assessment.
goal of school based assessment
- children’s health
- physical development
- exercise and sports
- aspects of cleanliness
- arranging objects, toys, etc.
- Children’s social and emotional progress etc.
- making children effective communicators
- Under School Based Assessment, making children’s mother tongue the language of the communicator so that they can put their point in front of the communicator.
- Deputy Commissioner for Language and Basic Literacy Demonstration
- development of laughter
- importance of non-verbal communication
- Making children involved learners
- encourage making stories
- Giving children a variety of projects and tasks
- Providing a chance to understand the physical environment
- Manufacture of audio-visual tools for assessment
- development of question bank etc.
Teaching Learning Process: Role of Teacher
Teachers play a very important role in the life of the students. Good education is provided to the children by the teachers. So that their future is made. Keeping this in mind, the role of teachers has also been emphasized under the New Education Policy 2020. Various types of changes have been suggested by the teachers to bring in their nature. So that he can understand the children better. Apart from this, many types of technology have been described in the new education policy. Through which teachers will be able to understand the children and provide them better education. The children are motivated and guided by the teachers.
capacity building of teachers
- through counseling in the early years
- through elementary arithmetic
- through society of basic learners
- through early language and literacy
- through assessment in the early years
- Promoting the role of parents and community in basic literacy and numeracy etc.
- Identifying children with special needs in the early years
National Mission: Aspects and Approach
The National Mission on Basic Literacy and Numeracy is to provide universal basic literacy and numeracy education to students up to Class III by 2026-27. So that children can become proficient in reading, writing and maths at grade level. This scheme will be implemented at the state level. Through this mission, all children from 3 years to 9 years will be provided basic literacy and numeracy knowledge till the third grade. Every child will be provided with a good environment so that he can get the best education. This mission will be operated under the National Education Policy 2020.
Administrative transmission of the National Mission
- National Mission- Department of School Education and Literacy and Ministry of Education will conduct this scheme at the state level. Many types of work will be done under the National Mission, such as creating a mission strategy document, creating a framework, preparing a learning matrix, identifying learning gaps, enhancing the capacity of teachers, etc.
- State Mission- Under this scheme, the State Mission will be operated under the Department of School Education. For which 1 State Steering Committee will be constituted. This committee will be headed by the Secretary. The implementation process will be approved by this committee to run this scheme at the state level.
- District Mission- District Steering Committee will be constituted for the operation of this scheme. Which will be headed by the District Magistrate or the Deputy Commissioner. The members of this committee will be CEO, Zilla Parishad, District Education Officer, District Officer for Health, Panchayati Raj Social Welfare Officer etc. The District Steering Committee will prepare a plan to operate this scheme at the district level.
- Block / Cluster Level Mission – The implementation of the complete scheme will be done at the block level also. The guidance and support of this scheme will be provided by the Block Education Officer and Block Resource Person. Apart from this, the success of this scheme will be monitored by the Block Officer.
- School Management Committee and Community Participation- The final level of administrative operation for the implementation of the complete plan is the School Management Committee and Community Participation. The implementation of this scheme will be done by spreading awareness at school and community level. So that the parents, education and the entire school management of the children can successfully conduct this scheme.
Stakeholders of Nipun Bharat Scheme
- States and Union Territories
- National council of educational research and training
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- State Council of Educational Research and Training
- District Institute of Education and Training
- District Education Officer & Block Education Officer
- Block Resource Center and Cluster Resource Center
- head teacher
- Non-government Organization
- civil society organizations
- school management committee
- community and parents
- private school
Educational support through SCERTs and DIETs
Under the FLN mission, SCERT will take up the responsibility of developing the teacher training module. Apart from this, all teacher training modules will be made available in the local language. Some other learning material will be provided for class 1 to 5 which will be joyful and enjoyable for the children. On the other hand, each DIET will develop an academic resource pool consisting of teachers, district education planners and faculty from the education departments of universities. Many other steps will be taken under this scheme through which educational assistance will be provided.
Diksha: Digital Content
Diksha Portal has also been started under Nipun Bharat Yojana. E-content will be made available through Diksha Portal. Which will be in the local language. This e-content will be available to both teachers and students. The content available on Diksha Portal will be prepared by NCERT. Many types of teacher training institutions for teachers will also be available on the Diksha platform. Such as training modules, aids for training sessions, videos, reading resources, teacher manuals etc. The Diksha Platform can also be operated through the App. The Education Department will soon launch the Diksha app on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
use of initiation platform
- define training objectives
- take advantage of available contacts
- onboarding of teachers
- Providing training to state aid teams
- communication and outreach
digital content for literacy
Basic literacy can be achieved by using the following types of material on the Diksha platform.
- reading with typing
- through grammar question bank
- reading comprehension
- Availability of Children’s Literature
parent and community engagement
Parents and the entire community will play a very important role for the successful implementation of Nipun Bharat Yojana. About 80% of the time children are at home. In such a situation, the ability of children to learn is developed at home more than at school. Efforts will be made by the schools to connect the parents of the children with the education of the children. Various steps will be taken for this. Such as organizing various programs in the school in which parents are called, connecting parents with children’s studies through email, WhatsApp etc., giving home assignments to children so that parents can get this information from time to time. But you will continue to receive what the children are studying, how they are studying etc.
Different ways of connecting family and community
- running a variety of programs
- parent teacher meeting
- Regular activities can also be done in the community
- Arrangement of workshop on parenting
- Continuously sending parents information about school activities and child’s progress.
- give assignments
- Providing information about children’s progress to parents through email, WhatsApp etc.
Monitoring and Information Technology Framework
To achieve the target of Nipun Bharat Yojana by 2026-27, different targets will be set at the state level. The progress of all these targets will be monitored by the Nodal Department. Apart from this, financial and technical assistance will also be provided to the state under Samagra Shiksha for the implementation of this scheme. Plans will be made by the states and union territories to achieve their goals. So that the target of basic literacy and numeracy can be achieved by 2026-27. The activities of the scheme will be monitored through IT based resources at the national level, state level and district level. This will also include monitoring of children at the field level. Further, the monitoring framework proposed under this scheme is divided into two types. Which is annual surveillance survey and concurrent monitoring.
Need for Research, Evaluation and Documentation
Research, evaluation and documentation plays a major role in the implementation of the plan. Through research, it is known what kind of efforts need to be made to improve education. Through evaluation, it is known that how successful are the steps taken for the implementation of this scheme and all the evidences are recorded from the documentation. Research, evaluation and documentation is an integral part of the scheme. Research and evaluation can be done at national, state, district, block and school level for which different types of techniques can be used like active research, process evaluation, impact evaluation etc.